Nonprofit Board Leadership Institute
Developing Informed, Engaged and Effective Boards
Now more than ever our nonprofits need dynamic, committed and mission-passionate leaders serving on their boards of directors. This begins with comprehensive training to ensure success from day one. Serving on a board today has specific legal responsibilities. Be well-informed about board authority and accountability.
The Nonprofit Board Leadership Institute fully prepares those currently serving or planning to serve on a nonprofit board in Alabama with the knowledge needed to be an engaged and effective member of today’s nonprofit board of directors. Using data from the nationally recognized Standards for Excellence® program, participants will better understand the full scope of their responsibilities and roles as well as the relationship between the board, professional staff and volunteers of the organization.
Goals of the Institute:
- Equip board members with the knowledge they need to play a beneficial role in the overall success of the nonprofit they represent.
- Protect board members by educating them on their legal and fiduciary roles.
- Instill personal confidence in fundraising techniques.
- Help minimize future burnout and turnover rates among nonprofit executive directors.
- Demonstrate to potential funders the nonprofit’s commitment to good governance practices.
The Institute is a one-day in-depth program that prepares participants to be high performing board members. Participants receive a binder filled with information and reference materials to assist them in performing their duties. Each section of the program includes opportunities for interactive discussion and hands-on exercises.
Program Cost: $95.00 per person for AAN Members / $190 per person for Non-Members. Registration includes lunch, binder and certificate.
Program Length: 8 hours (one day)
Training Locations: Offered statewide. Visit our training calendar to find a location nearest you.